Regular dental care can greatly benefit the horse's health and comfort. We use sedation and PowerFloats in our dentistry. This ensures that we are able to do a thorough job caring for your horse's teeth.
Some Facts about Horse Teeth
- Horses' teeth erupt continuously throughout their lives. This continuous growth means that your horse's mouth is always changing. Sharp points can form on the teeth and can cause health and performance problems.
- Equine malocclusions (e.g. wave mouth) make it difficult for your horse to eat correctly.
- In older horses, loose or missing teeth can result in infection in the gums or sinuses.
Benefits of Equine Dentistry
- By removing sharp points and loose teeth, we alleviate sources of pain for the horse. This allows for more sensitive, gentle contact with the horse's mouth when riding.
- Horses eat and process food better with well kept teeth, making it easier for horses to maintain a healthy weight.
- Annual dental care allow your veterinarian to catch dental problems early and manage them before they become a serious problem.
Dental Services Offered
- Comprehensive dental examination
- Routine teeth floating
- Tooth extractions
- Dental X-rays (Intraoral and Extraoral)